FAQ on Suspicious Tagged Email
- Recently, our domain is getting emails with a suspicious tag in the subject line.
Emails that are identified as spoof are tagged as Suspicious in the subject, this will help the user to understand that it might be a fake email & they should not communicate on the same.
- Is there a possibility that such suspicious tagged emails do not get delivered to the users?
Yes, we have a quarantine feature that will hold suspicious & other spam-tagged mail in the quarantine mailbox. The user will get a mail notification that a particular mail is quarantined & if the user needs the mail then the admin can release such quarantined emails.
- How can we enable quarantine mailbox on our domain
Login to Admin >> Other Services >> Manage Quarantine. In case you are not able to see this link in the admin panel then send an email to email@example.com & the support team will enable the feature in your admin panel.
- For how long the emails will be stored in the quarantine mailbox?
The emails will be stored for a maximum of 15 days & you have the option to release any wrongly quarantined email within the span of 15 days.
- Some of my required mail are getting quarantined & I have to release them every time.
If you feel that some emails are wrongly quarantined then you can whitelist the sender’s email address or domain so that they do not get quarantined again.
For whitelisting — Login to admin >> Domain Level Management >> Domain Whitelisting.
Note: We would request you to double-check the sender email or domain before whitelisting as for whitelisted domains, there is no filtering process involved. If any sender email address or domain is mistakenly whitelisted then it might lead to the delivery of emails in the Inbox folder of the users.
- How much space is needed for the quarantine mailbox & will this space be counted with the overall space we have purchased?
The quarantine mailbox space is not counted from your domain space quota. It gets default space from the system wherein the quarantined emails are stored for only 15 days, after 15 days the emails are deleted from the system.
- How can we trace quarantined emails?
As an administrator, you can login to the quarantine mailbox to check the quarantined emails & you can also trace quarantined emails through the email delivery logs search feature available in the admin panel.
- The quarantined email can be released only by the email administrator or it can be released by the end-users?
The whole purpose of email quarantine is that the email administrator is made aware of such emails hence for now the quarantined emails can be released by administrators.